Registration for this course is now closed. Please complete the Audit & Waiting List form below if you are still interested in attending this course.
The target audience for this course is all new-hire N7 personnel. This course is also appropriate for experienced N7 personnel who want to refresh their proficiency in certain subject matter areas.
Prerequisites for this course include completion of the following courses:
- Introduction to Military Sealift Command course
- MSC Regulatory Standards, Inspections, Maintenance Availability Overview, and Engineering Budgets course
- Government Contracting, RCA, RCM, and ENCON course
- MSC Work Item Writing Fundamentals course
- MSC Work Item Estimating Fundamentals course
This course provides an in-depth introduction to MSC maintenance availability planning and management policies and practices, MSC configuration management policies and practices, MSC logistics programs, nondestructive testing for ship repair, and DOD scrap and salvage policies and procedures, and regulatory body inspection and survey procedures. The subject matter is considered advanced in nature. This course consists of the following modules:
- MSC Availability Planning
- MSC Availability Management
- MSC Configuration Management
- Nondestructive Testing
- Scrap and Salvage
- Regulatory Body Inspection and Survey Procedures
- MSC Corrective Maintenance Logistics System (CMLS)