NOTE: This training will meet/exceed the Contractor Operator requirements for SAMM Application Training.
Prerequisites: Course is designed to provide the Senior Engineer the Day to Day computer system and program operations on an MSC vessel. User should be familiar with MSC policies and practices, this lesson assumes basic understanding prior to starting.
5-day course – NOTE: user MUST attend each day to receive the certificate for the SAMM Application Training
- Vessel Assessment program includes Vessel Self Assessments, Port Engineer Vessel Inspections (PEVIs), and analysis of data available ashore.
- Intro to Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and how it applies aboard MSC ships
- SAMM (Shipboard)
- Logbook (Engine)
- Energy Conservation (ENCON) Policy and Practices
- MSC Commodities Contracts (Fuel/Lube Oil procurement, sampling & analysis, Chemicals, etc)
- Shipboard Configuration and Logistics Information Program (ShipCLIP)
- LogiQuest – MSC New Spare Parts research program
- Feedback (for both ShipCLIP & SAMM Maintenance)
- MSC’s Virtual Technical Library (VTL)