Registration for this course is now closed. Please complete the Audit & Waiting List form below if you are still interested in attending this course.
Recommended for Government & Contractor shore personnel. Includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Organization, Safety & Environmental Overview – Review of MSC org changes & updates, Regs & Requirements
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) – An Overview of MSC’s RCM Policy & Practices
- MSC Commodities Contracts: Paint Contract & Regulations – Overview of federal/state paint regulatory requirements, the current paint contract products and services, and a brief discussion regarding paint types, surface preparation and application guidance.
- Condition Monitoring and Logistics System (CMLS) – Introduction to the Shore Based CMLS program, how to locate parts on order, track to delivery
- Drydocking – An Overview of Drydocking MSC vessels, as well as case histories
- MSC’s Virtual Technical Library
- MSC Port Engineer Manual / Work Item Prep – Review of MSC Port Engineer instructions / Work Item preparation discussion, along with case histories “what went wrong and what went right” in past availabilities
- Energy Conservation (ENCON) –
- Haystack Gold Software
- SAMM for Port Engineers – Introduction to SAMM which resides on MSC IS portal. This course provides an introduction to MSC’s Reliability centered maintenance, SAMM management structure, data organization structure and SAMM modules. Detailed look at Equipment Report module and reports including a review or repairs items generated shipside.
- SAMM Web – Interactive review of the SAMM WEB Maintenance and Repair (M&R) program, review of the program functionality and how to use to manage shipboard maintenance
- PENG Web / PENG – Detailed instruction on PENG Web / PENG and its use to track a ship repair availability. Students are shown how to create contracts, add work items, create RFP, track additional items and generate reports. Also, detailed instruction on SAMM Web (M&R) which resides on the MSC IS portal. Course covers workflow of repair item, review repair items, print repair log reports, schedule repairs to work item, and order parts. A detailed review of scheduling work items from proven, historical and standard work items.
- MSC Commodities Contracts (Fuel, Lube, and Chemical) – Handling of Fuel, Lube Oil, and Chemical Commodities Contract, during Avail Periods, etc.
- PENG Web / PENG Q&A – An open Q&A or one-on-one sit-down with Instructors (as requested by students)