Registration for this course is now closed. Please complete the Audit & Waiting List form below if you are still interested in attending this course.
NOTE: This training will meet/exceed the Contractor Operator requirements for SAMM Application Training for Junior engineers. Administrative function and Repair training is required for Senior SAMM Certificate.
Prerequisites: Course is designed to help a Junior Engineer learn the Day to Day computer system and program operations on an MSC vessel.
5-day course – NOTE: user MUST attend each day to receive the certificate for the SAMM Application Training
- Vessel Assessment program includes Vessel Self Assessments, Port Engineer Vessel Inspections (PEVIs), and analysis of data available ashore.
- Intro to Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and how it applies aboard MSC ships
- SAMM (Shipboard)
- Logbook (Engine)
- Energy Conservation (ENCON) Policy and Practices)
- MSC Commodities Contracts (Fuel/Lube Oil procurement, sampling & analysis, Chemicals, etc)
- Shipboard Configuration and Logistics Information Program (ShipCLIP)
- LogiQuest – MSC New Spare Parts research program
- MSC’s Virtual Technical Library (VTL)