Registration for this course is now closed. Please complete the Audit & Waiting List form below if you are still interested in attending this course.
The target audience for this course is MSC ashore personnel (e.g. Principal Port Engineer, Assistant Port Engineer, Ashore Analysts, & N10 personnel) who have not taken this course within the past 5 years and need to refresh their proficiency in SAMM. This course is also appropriate for new-hire N7 personnel who need to attain proficiency in SAMM.
Prerequisites for this course include completion of the following courses:
- Introduction to Military Sealift Command course
- MSC Regulatory Standards, Inspections, Maintenance Availability Overview, and Engineering Budgets course
- Government Contracting, RCA, RCM, and ENCON course
- MSC Work Item Writing Fundamentals course
- MSC Work Item Estimating Fundamentals course
- Maintenance Availability Planning and Management, Drydocking, and Logistics
This course introduces participants to the MSC Port Engineering Management System (PENG) used for managing maintenance availabilities. This course consists of the following modules:
- Completions (T-ALT, PMIA, VRR)
- PENG Session 1
- PENG Session 2
- PENG Session 3
- Port Engineer Vessel Inspection (PEVI)
- Working Groups